Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gov. Pedro Pierluisi: ‘Puerto Rico will be the first truly Hispanic state’
(03-07-2021, 03:20 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm not against it.  I just realize it's an incredibly complex issue that's not as cut and dry as seen in mainstream media. 

Nor do I think it's my place to weigh in on.

And yet--your informative interventions have complicated our discussion in a way that has elevated it considerably. You've expanded the factual ground and political record of this issue so non-PRs like myself can gain a deeper understanding of it. So thanks for all that.

And you've spoiled our fun a little too, making it harder to issue knee-jerk responses without looking uniformed. But in the long run that's for the better.

I'd hate to see what happens if you do decide to "weigh in" on a subject. lol

Anyway, you've convinced me that what Puerto Ricans think should take precedence over what "Americans" think at moment. For sure.

Not that the whole nationhood/statehood distinction is settled. I wonder if the nationalists, or many Puerto Ricans, seriously desire FULL national autonomy. Their laments about lost identity if absorbed into the U.S. do imply that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gov. Pedro Pierluisi: ‘Puerto Rico will be the first truly Hispanic state’ - Dill - 03-07-2021, 04:57 PM