Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Michael Jordan is Working Out With Willie Anderson
(03-07-2021, 04:33 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: What’s wrong with Mike Jordan?  I’ll tackle that if I may. For me, the one thing that stands out above all else is he plays too high too much of the time. Especially in his pass sets.  In the NFL, lose the leverage game and a bunch of bad things happen. Bull runs, double-moves, twists, stunts, cross-face rips, he is susceptible to all those things.  If you’re not a natural knee-bender it’s not just an easy fix as one would think. What’s that old Tyson quote?  Plans are great until to get punched in the mouth.

Also, he just doesn’t seem to process the game quickly enough.  I don’t know if it physical or mental or a combo of both, but that aspect clearly holds him back from achieving his upside.

Plus his hands are not necessarily a strength. There’re not exactly a weakness either but when you have other shortcomings, hands can be a savior, he gets none of that.

Really LG is a poor fit for him.  He doesn’t do long traps or long pulls well at all.  RG would be a better fit.  And I have problems envisioning him getting on with a wide zone.  The best he played as a Bengal was 2nd half 2019 when the team opted to a gap/power scheme which fits his skill set better.

Lastly, he doesn’t seem to enjoy football in general and o-line play specifically.  You really want your IOL to LOVE to hit people and I don’t see that part of his game.  Maybe it’s a confidence thing , but too often he looks like he is going through to motions.

Thanks for the sincere and detailed breakdown.  It's interesting to me that you don't see him as LG material.  When I go back and watch his college film of him playing LG, he moves quite well in pulling, engaging in doubles and releasing and flowing to the open rusher.  I do agree with you about him playing too high.  He needs to remember to keep those knees flexed.

That is why I call the Bengals coaching into question.  I've seen the guy do specific things on film in college, and now as a pro he suddenly is incapable of doing what he's done all of his life?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Jordan is Working Out With Willie Anderson - SunsetBengal - 03-07-2021, 05:43 PM