Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gov. Pedro Pierluisi: ‘Puerto Rico will be the first truly Hispanic state’
(03-09-2021, 09:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Good thing Republicans never klet the partisan nature of an issue effect them.

Since the GOP officially supported satehood for Puerto Rico in 2016 then they will certainly still welcome and support it today

Republican Party Platform on Puerto Rico (pr51st.com)

Kind of rare for both sides to agree on an issue like this.

(03-09-2021, 09:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: They didn't change their party platform in 2020, so their official stance would still be to support statehood.

I quoted these to talk about this:

(03-09-2021, 10:26 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: ^^^That was from my first post in this thread

Hyper partisanship can be quite destructive and self defeating, even on internet message boards.

What we have on the board very often are people defending their positions and often doing if accusations about "the other side" and what "they " say.  Too often those accusations are more opinions based on our own interpretations than the actual stances of the other side.  I can be guilty too which why I am such a stickler for links and sources.  

Its good to see actual facts and sources to help ease these disagreements.

Although I doubt if you asked rank and file members of the gop if they favored PR statehood many would, or that they would even know that is official party stance based on their 2016/2020 platform.

But even if the gop is in favor it still comes down to if the citizens want it and that will take a clear referendum and lot of other steps before this ever happens. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gov. Pedro Pierluisi: ‘Puerto Rico will be the first truly Hispanic state’ - GMDino - 03-10-2021, 12:14 PM