Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are we not extending our good players?
(03-11-2021, 09:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Agree with 100% of this. I know I'm in a very small minority when it comes to passing attempts by Burrow. Did we ask him to pass too much, maybe, but we didn't draft him to hand the ball off, Dalton could have done that. He was in empty backfield sets because, in his own words, that is what he is most comfortable with. And yes, it sucks he got his knee injured, but I would suggest Burrow learned more in the 3/4 of a season he played behind out crappy lines that most QB's do in 3 years behind lines where they are not pressured every play. Improve the line and Burrow is now ready to carve some teams up. 

Love Alexanders play and fire, would have loved to see more Reader, and Waynes getting injured really hurt. Injuries happen to all teams, but c'mon, there were several positions where we were starting 4th through 6th on the depth chart. According to the guys in Sirius, your drop off between 1 and 2 should not be that great, but when you get to three and beyond you are in a hopeless situation. 

It only lasted a mere days that I envisioned the defensive line being very strong with Geno next to Reader, and Hubbard with Lawson/Dunlap outside.  It sure sounded good, but then with Geno's injury, the vision faded before the season even started.  

I don't blame the secondary as much for the defensive struggles (except the horrible Sims...that guy has no business getting snaps, but to your earlier point...injuries forced their hand) as there was next to no pass rush from Dunlap, and Hubbard got injured.  The talent next to Reader was inept, and then they also lost Reader.  The defense should improve tremendously if they can stay healthy.  

One guy I have been eyeballing to replace Atkins is Soloman Thomas, a former first round pick that SF asked to play outside (mistake) and could have a resurgence in Cincinnati at a good price (probably $5 million per).  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are we not extending our good players? - SHRacerX - 03-11-2021, 11:42 AM