Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are we not extending our good players?
(03-11-2021, 11:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It only lasted a mere days that I envisioned the defensive line being very strong with Geno next to Reader, and Hubbard with Lawson/Dunlap outside.  It sure sounded good, but then with Geno's injury, the vision faded before the season even started.  

I don't blame the secondary as much for the defensive struggles (except the horrible Sims...that guy has no business getting snaps, but to your earlier point...injuries forced their hand) as there was next to no pass rush from Dunlap, and Hubbard got injured.  The talent next to Reader was inept, and then they also lost Reader.  The defense should improve tremendously if they can stay healthy.  

One guy I have been eyeballing to replace Atkins is Soloman Thomas, a former first round pick that SF asked to play outside (mistake) and could have a resurgence in Cincinnati at a good price (probably $5 million per).  

I haven't seen him play, but I read where they are calling him a bust and if he were drafted again he would go no higher than 4th round. But if it's because he's out of position that makes sense. I would also like to see them resign Hunt to play DT again and put him in there on passing downs. He seems to have gotten the knack for knocking down passes and at his height all he has to do is put his arms up. And he was not good as an end because his only move was the bull rush, but that's all he needs on the inside. Push the pocket straight back and let the ends eat.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are we not extending our good players? - Sled21 - 03-11-2021, 12:48 PM