Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My iPhone Is Acting Up- PLEASE HELP!
(03-11-2021, 11:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Thanks.  The forced restart won't delete anything, will it?  

I have dropped it a lot lately because I keep it charging on my computer table with the power outlet by my feet and, a lot of times when I back up, the cord will get hooked on part of my wheelchair and then gets pulled off and hits the floor.

I do appreciate it and I'll make sure it's all backed up.

The drops could certainly be the source of your problem.

A forced restart should not result in any loss of data. It is really just a "turn it off and back on again" thing. It is usually suggested if the phone freezes up and you can't turn it off and restart it normally.  But sometimes it can also fix other glitches from my experience.  So it's worth a try just as an initial trouble shooting step.

There are other trouble shooting steps that are a little more involved.  For example you could also try resetting all your settings.  If you do this you will have to set them back to the options you had afterwards like your network settings, screen layout, privacy settings etc. Here are instructions for doing so.

https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/return-iphone-settings-to-their-defaults-iphea1c2fe48/ios

Note:  You will not want to choose the Erase All Content and Settings option as this will completely wipe your phone.

Then as noted there is the more involved option which is Erase All Content and Settings.  This will completely reset the phone back to factory and remove all data.  In this case you would want to make sure your phone is completely backed up either to iCloud or on your computer or preferably both.  You will want to make sure you are familiar with both backing up the phone and restoring from backup before doing so. 

Of course I'm not an iPhone technician I'm just sharing what I know about troubleshooting having used iPhones for many years.  I would suggest you contact Apple support especially before erasing all content and settings.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My iPhone Is Acting Up- PLEASE HELP! - George Cantstandya - 03-12-2021, 12:07 PM