Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Hart has a higher PFF grade than most of the free agent guards
(03-14-2021, 11:44 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I lost a lot of faith in PFF grades on OLmen this past season. When Hopkins went down, Price came in and played a great game starting at C and they gave him a really low score. I rewatched that game a couple times, and there was just no way. There were other instances that I cant recall details of that made PFF look a bit ridiculous on their OLmen scores. The grades on Spain compared to Jordan as well. Spain was a massive upgrade, but according to PFF Jordan was almost just as good. Rolling my eyes lol...

I thought the same thing until you really go back and watch plays closely. Getting beat off the snap and the QB getting rid of the ball makes it appear that a player did their job, when they actually didn't. When that happens multiple times, the grade is going to be lower than it appears it should.

That's where most people have an issue with PFF. They see a guy not getting blown up and think he did a good job when it was actually the QB that bailed him out. Getting beat off the snap, or getting pushed into the backfield consistently is going to cause your grade to drop, even if the result of the play isn't a sack or QB hit. Getting blown up once or twice is going to put you in a hole that would require you to have several good plays to balance out.

I stopped bothering with people who consistently doubt the PFF grades a while ago because they don't bother to take all of that into consideration. 

Spain had a pass block efficiency of 97.6 with a total of 19 pressures in 411 pass block snaps. Rated 25th out of 57 qualifiers.
Jordan had a pass block efficiency of 96.0 with a total of 35 pressures in 477 pass block snaps. Rated 54th out of 57 qualifiers.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bobby Hart has a higher PFF grade than most of the free agent guards - rfaulk34 - 03-14-2021, 01:42 PM