Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Hart has a higher PFF grade than most of the free agent guards
(03-14-2021, 07:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't agree with that philosophy of grading the effectiveness of an OL.  The first goal of an OL is to block, or prevent the defender from making a play or disrupting the play.  Having played both OL and DL in my lifetime, I've always been taught that a stalemate is considered a win for the OL, as the DL failed to complete his mission while the OL succeeded at his.

It's highly unlikely that a player will get a stalemate on every single play. There are going to be times you move him and he moves you. The goal is to move him more. Starting out at "average" isn't a bad thing. It only takes a few good plays, consistently, to get grades that move you up the ladder. Plus, a Olineman can statemate a defender, right till the time the runner hits the line of scrimmage and he makes the tackle. Is that a win for the Olineman?

I wouldn't say i'm 100% on board with how they grade. But i've become pretty content with the consistency i see from a player game to game or from players on different teams. The fact that each play is graded by at least 2 different people before it's posted helps to keep it as objective as possible. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bobby Hart has a higher PFF grade than most of the free agent guards - rfaulk34 - 03-14-2021, 11:09 PM