Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Worst Case Scenario Players Off The Board
(04-03-2017, 09:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Name the 8 players you would hate to see taken before our pick at 9 and why.

1. Garrett
2. Thomas
3. Fournette
4. Hooker
5. Adams
6. OJ Howard
7. Allen
8. Barnett

Our options at 9.

1. Taco- I think this guy is highly overrated. Would hate to use the 9th pick on him.

2. Cam Robinson- I know we have no idea how our line will be with OG and Fisher. I would hate to use another first round pick and a top 10 at that on another OT. Also was arrested last year on gun and marijuana charges. Mayock thinks he best suited as a Guard.

3. Lattimore- Same as above. Might be tempting for the Bengals having the top CB on the board.

4. Foster- Everyone knows about the Combine but the thing that worries me about him is his style of play. Will he be another Burfict drawing constant flags from the refs leading with his helmet. Will he be dependable or just another talent who spends more games suspended than starting.

5. Cook- Hamstring issues, ball security issues. 3 shoulder operations since high school. History of run ins with the law.

6. M.Williams- Im not going to try to nit pick for reasons why we shouldnt take Williams. Im just not a fan of taking a WR this year with the 9th pick.

Im sure there are plenty of other options on the Bengals big board. But if the first 8 picks went this way, which I really dont see happening, I still think someone will reach for a QB and maybe a OL so we should get a pretty good player. If not I would hope we find a team to trade back with.

I agree 100% with the OP.  If it shook out this way, however, I think I'd prefer Williams or Cook over the others, as they'd at least potentially start.  You know Robinson and Lattimore would ride the pine all season, while Taco and Foster would at best be part of a rotation.  

I really hope Thomas, Adams, Hooker, or Allen falls to us, though. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your Worst Case Scenario Players Off The Board - shanebo - 04-06-2017, 05:02 PM