Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flying United? You may want to give up your seat...
(04-10-2017, 05:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: They can threaten, but in the same vein, if a jury sees him getting his head bashed in they probably aren't convicting him of the disorderly conduct or whatever they try to get him on.

It wouldn't be the same case.  The restitution is a civil suit, and refusing to leave and whatever other trumped up charges they could bring would be a criminal felony case.  It's not like he robbed a store, but barring jury nullifcation he's likely guilty of violating several laws (I can't really find what those laws would be searching).  They don't tolerate any kind of bullshit on flights.

The problem I see is that, while he likely deserves damages, if he seeks an excessive number then a big settlement might send the wrong message (except I'm sure a settlement would be sealed under gag order).

How did he get injured, anyway?  Looked to me like he may have hit his head when he was being wrestled out of the chair, which would make his injury a result of his own unlawful resistance.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flying United? You may want to give up your seat... - JustWinBaby - 04-10-2017, 06:55 PM