Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah
In the poll ranking our TE's, 60% have voted that our TE's rank 21-32 in the league. I get that there's not much experience there, but I don't see how anyone could say that we have one of the worst groups in the NFL.

- Tyler Eifert has 482 yards in 16 games. Last year, only 18 TE's had more than 482 yards. Julius Thomas had 489 yards. Consider that Eifert posted that total as a part-time player. His snaps and production should go up. Plus he has more experience under his belt. Imo, people should be excited about Eifert.

- Tyler Kroft is a 3rd round pick with plenty of college experience both blocking and pass catching. Imo, this makes it more likely that he'll contribute early. This isn't Chase Coffman.

- CJ Uzomah's 4.63 forty time from his pro day was faster than all but 1 tight end at the combine. His broad jump of 9'10" would've placed 4th. Obviously he's raw, but he has 1st round athleticism and looks like a natural pass catcher.

Again, I get that they lack experience, but how many teams have a 1st and a 3rd invested at the position? Just based on potential and what we've seen from Eifert so far, I don't see how some could say that there's 20-31 groups out there that are better than our's. I understand if you're not ecstatic about this group, but I don't think people should be down on them either. There's a lot of talent and potential there, and I have a feeling a lot of people are going to feel better once these guys are on the field.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - Shake n Blake - 07-20-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - J24 - 07-21-2015, 12:55 AM
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - J24 - 07-21-2015, 03:00 AM
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - CJD - 07-21-2015, 08:44 AM