Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Before You Go Over Board Remember The Past
(04-30-2017, 10:38 PM)GodFather Wrote: So far it seems like everyone thought we overwhelmingly hit a homer with this years draft giving the Bengals an A overall by the board poll. I absolutely remember though this being the case for the past few years and everyone getting so excited by the draft choices and thinking the Bengals were going far from such draft choices. (to be fair critic grades too)

But were they so great? Here is the past two years to reflect on the Bengal choices. Do you still give them that overwhelming "A" that was perceived in 2015/2016? (Im not talking individual posters but as a whole instead as it should be)

Why am I bringing this up? Because this is usually the reaction every year with very different outcomes as the season began on expectations.

Do I think we had a "great A grade" draft this year? No way, but I also don't think we had a bad one either. There are so many factors involved in the success of these players that its hard to see how they will perform this year, one being coaching and I don't even want to go there because it would warrant its own thread and has already been talked to death.

2015 Draft

1 Cedric Ogbuehi OT
2 Jake Fisher OT
3 Tyler Kroft TE
3 Paul Dawson LB
4 Josh Shaw DB
4 Marcus Hardison DL
5 C.J. Uzomah TE
6 Derron Smith S
7 Mario Alford WR

2016 Draft

1 William Jackson III CB
2 Tyler Boyd WR
3 Nick "Rattail" Vigil LB
4 Andrew Billings DT
5 Christian Westerman OG
6 Cody Core WR
7 Clayton Fejedelem S

This was the point I was trying to make. I think we got a lot of guys with potential...but historically we're lucky to get 2 starters from any draft.

At the time of a draft, fans tend to think...wow...5 of these guys will be starters and upgrades.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Before You Go Over Board Remember The Past - THE PISTONS - 05-01-2017, 11:00 AM