Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next step for NFL Draft is revolutionary
(05-09-2017, 07:51 PM)Whatever Wrote: Man, so many OSU guys were overhyped by a ridiculous amount over there.  I still remember all those Bryan Robiskie circle jerk threads.  Plus, our FO was stupid every time they didn't claim the latest Buckeye bust off of waivers. I remember those horrible Vernon Gholston and Bobby Carpenter threads, and how MB doesn't care about winning because he didn't go after them.  The mantra with those guys was always, "They just didn't use him right!!!"

I agree with the "They didn't use him right" mantra. The one that killed me was Anthony Schlegel. When we signed him 2007, people said he'd become our best LB because the Jets didn't use him right. He was playing in a 3-4 and moved to a 4-3. I went along with it because I knew very little about him. He came to us and did nothing special. A lot of the OSU fans said that we didn't run the right 4-3 for him to succeed in. That blew my mind. They refused to accept that this guy was just forgettable. We cut him and some of them said we'd regret it and he'd go to the Steelers and be a pain in our ass. Well he spent two years in the UFL before moving on to coaching.

Oh well.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next step for NFL Draft is revolutionary - Bengal Dude - 05-10-2017, 03:55 PM