Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Add Any Two of the Following...
(07-29-2015, 08:56 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I find it interesting that for some reason you quoted a part of the article I posted even though it doesn't go against my point whatsoever. 5 of the 35 (14%) of the voters put Luck out of the 1st tier. That means that 86% put Luck in tier 1, that's sort of proving my point, no? Brady and Rodgers were the only unanimous 1st tier QBs, so using the logic that 5 voters put Luck out of the 1st tier somehow goes against what I've been saying, that means that Brees and Manning aren't 1st tier either. The fact is, the other 30 guys must have ranked Luck awfully high for him to still end up as number 3 (the highest average vote for any non-unanimous 1st tier QB), and if you read the quotes, there are at the very least, a couple of those polled that put Luck at #1 even ahead of Rodgers.

As far as your links go, I must apologize, but I'll take the opinion of NFL personnel directors, GMs, coaches, and coordinators over a random newspaper or two and a blog I've never heard of.

I can't bash the other elite QBs for having good teams because it's not really their fault, but you have to be impressed that Luck turned a shitty team into an immediate contender. That's what elite QBs do, and that's exactly what he did.

There is a lot of opinion involved, and we can agree to disagree on the matter, but as I said before, there are more reputable sources that list Luck in the top 4 opposed to the ones listing him outside of it. I don't know if it's a "ridiculous opinion" that he's not top 4, but there are clearly more people in the football world that agree with my perspective, but their word isn't gospel either.

Hell, I disagree with a lot of the NFL Top 100 players, and that's voted on by NFL guys, albeit players and not coaches and personnel directors, but it's at least a similar situation. All is good.

First off, tier 1 included 6 QB's, not 4. Who knows how many other "league insiders" voted him in 5th or 6th place? 

5 of 35 (14%) had Luck in the 2nd tier, which is 7th or worse. I'm guessing that quite a few more had him in 5th-6th place. Unless you can list how many placed him in the top 4, this poll proves nothing.

I listed the opinions of the Indianapolis Star (the Indy equivalent to the Enquirer), USA Today (maybe you've heard of them) and Fansided (one of the biggest sports sites on the net) to show you that the opinion that Luck isn't a top 4 QB isn't isolated to just a few guys on Jungle Noise. 

In the end, Toast left this open to opinion, and my opinion is that Luck isn't a top 4 QB yet. It's an opinion that many other people share.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You Add Any Two of the Following... - Shake n Blake - 07-29-2015, 02:36 PM