Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the Slot Give Dennard a Realistic Chance of Succeeding?
(05-23-2017, 02:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You aren't crazy, it is spot on, plus Shaw was one of the best Slot corners in the league last year. You don't just replace
him cause the other guy is a 1st rounder. Dennard is much better on the outside, let him compete there with WJ3 and let
the better Corner win out that spot.

Just my thoughts.

It is a tough debate.  I agree with everything Nate is saying here, but then I think is it messing with Dennard to not keep working him in the slot?  

Right now, he is the backup slot and backup outside.  The depth is such that he is only an injury away from being a starter at either spot.  I almost think he is better off being trained to be the backup on the outside to see if he can reach the potential he showed in college.  

I'm sure we will see a lot of him in the preseason on the outside.  Hopefully, he shows he can do it and can be signed for a reasonable amount moving forward.  If not, he becomes another compensatory pick, albeit not a very high one.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does the Slot Give Dennard a Realistic Chance of Succeeding? - SHRacerX - 05-24-2017, 08:33 AM