Poll: Greatest Bengals RB: Dillon or Brooks?
Dillon
Brooks
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greatest Bengals RB: Dillon or Brooks?
(07-23-2017, 05:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Funny, I remember more of Jeff Blake as QB, than Akili Smith.  Anyway.  Brooks more a product of the team, and that marvelous OL.  They could have likely gotten similar production out of most any respectable RB.  Dillon, on the other hand, had to carry the team.  He was the big threat that teams had to defend, in order to allow Blake and Pickens, Scott to hook up.  Teams HAD to sell out to stop the run, which allowed so many deep balls to be wide open.  

I was composing an answer in my mind but felt it would be pretty much the same as what Sunset wrote. You have to go Corey Dillon even if it pains me to vote against James Brooks.

My favorite all-time sports person, regardless of sport, is James Brooks. He was effing awesome. He was 5'7" of pure speed with some power. He ran over many bigger players during his career. That said, he did have an awesome line and a great cast around him. Corey Dillon did not. Just look at the linemen he had blocking for him (as well as the QB's) and you would puke. It's a wonder he had any success at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greatest Bengals RB: Dillon or Brooks? - BengalFanInNJ - 07-24-2017, 12:51 PM