Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Great News! (Bernard ready for camp)
(07-26-2017, 08:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why would you want Gio returning when we have Erickson and Jones.... not to mention, if he makes the cut, which granted is doubtful, Boom Williams. Risking Gio for little return on the risk....

Don't forget Brandon Wilson either who was one hell of a returner at Houston.

(07-26-2017, 08:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He, like Kroft, Uzomah, and Eifert, all had significant injuries last season that they were trying to play through.  Their effectiveness was greatly impacted and I completely expect Hewitt to become a key part of the offense in 2017-18.

I love the idea of starting in the backfield, and having him roll out and catch passes.  He has receiving skills unlike almost any fullback in the league.  I almost wonder if Zampese just didn't have many plays for him because he hadn't had someone of his skill set before.  

I have a feeling we will see a lot more of two TE sets with Hewitt moving from the backfield to the LOS as a receiver and back without changing personnel.  

We were really decimated by injuries at the TE position last year weren't we?

Should help immensely having atleast a few of these guys healthy.

Really like Hewitt at H-back man the guy is versatile and can hurt teams both blocking and catching the ball.

With Eifert back and Uzi and Kroft we have some major talent.

Kroft was good as a rookie, you could definately see the injury lingered with him.

Didn't know Uzomah was injured last year.

(07-26-2017, 12:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems to me that Hewitt would automatically be the safety outlet on any play that has him in the formation.  But yes, a few plays specifically designed to get Hewitt the ball, would be nice.  Like the seldom used middle screen, for example.

The TE screen always seems to just get first downs and more. Need to see this play much more often.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great News! (Bernard ready for camp) - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-26-2017, 01:39 PM