Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Great News! (Bernard ready for camp)
(08-02-2017, 06:39 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good question about 2013...Was that Gruden's last year?  I am surprised that we were 8th in rushing attempts because I got pretty sick of seeing low % passes on third and two.  Groan.

There are lots of variables to a team's success in specific facets of their offense, such as the running game:  division, playing surface at home, opponents, offensive line, weapons, etc.  It is hard to say one specific thing that leads to a great rushing attack, but I will say that I am optimistic that this team's rush attack will be improved.  

Why?  Biggest reason I would say is that if teams put the so-called "8 in the box" or have safeties creeping up, that Dalton will torch them with AJ or Ross.  I am also excited to play more two TE, two WR sets and let one of the TEs help block.  Uzo, Kroft,  and Eifert are seriously big guys...they should all be able to help block.

Just wish PA could teach his lineman to run block, Boling and Andre are the only guys that have proven they can
consistently on this Line. Hewitt is a great run blocker. Hoping Andre can stay healthy this year or one of the young
guys like Westerman or Redmon can block decent.

In the end we are gonna have to go back to the trenches. But having this many weapons does help for sure.

Don't like seeing Andre banged up already, happy it is minor.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great News! (Bernard ready for camp) - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-03-2017, 12:09 PM