Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with the movie Se7en
(07-31-2017, 03:24 PM)Benton Wrote: The sin wasn't hers, it was his. He envied what others had, so he killed the wife to elicit wrath. We often confuse envy for jealousy, but they aren't exactly the same. Envy means you harbor ill feelings toward someone for having something you don't.

As to the edit, love the book but i preferred Manhunter better. Same story, but I liked the acting better. Outside of Phines, he was solid.

As to the first, spot on correct.  John Doe recognizes the sin in himself with that act.  I have to say, the scene when Freeman calls him out for enjoying the killings is flawless.  You can see Spacey struggle briefly to reconcile his purpose with Freeman's revelation/challenge.  Outstanding scene.  If you haven't noticed, the weather in se7en directly coincides with Freeman's mood.  Not the only person to notice this by any means, but I did notice this on my own.  

As to Red Dragon, it sucked IMO.  The "Do you see?" scene is laughably bad.  My sister and I quote it all the time.  Ray Fiennes and PSH are outstanding actors and that scene is lball achingly bad.  Not your point, I know, but Norton is a good actor.  He won't transmute shit into gold but he can take solid and crush it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem with the movie Se7en - xxlt - 07-29-2017, 10:10 AM
RE: Problem with the movie Se7en - Benton - 07-31-2017, 03:24 PM
RE: Problem with the movie Se7en - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-02-2017, 12:53 AM