Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coolest thing you ever seen from a Plane
(08-02-2017, 09:51 PM)packerbacker Wrote: That's really cool BengalHawk. How high up were you? I remember years ago flying into Denver and it seemed like the airport was in the middle of the country. You had to take a dirt road to get there if I remember right. Fast forward to 2013 I was there again and it seemed like they moved the airport to near the city now. It was close to the major interstates this time. Back in the 90s it was way out there. Maybe I am imaginating things but anyone else know if they have a new airport in the last few years?

Yeah, the houses have creeped closer like you said, but for those visiting Denver for the first time it's probably a bit disappointing when you come outside of the airport.  Probably thinking that when they exit it's going to be all snow-capped peaks, like a Coors can, and instead it's just brown fields and car rental lots as far as you can see.  Maybe, if you squint, you can make out some mountains in the distance.  That drive into town is just a whole lotta nothing.  Amazing once you get there, though.  Going there again at the end of the month and looking forward to ditching this prairie existence for the Rockies, if only temporarily.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coolest thing you ever seen from a Plane - Awful Llama - 08-03-2017, 09:14 PM