Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling quote from Carson Palmer
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/05-still-alive/fbadda16-647c-4e8d-abda-876a97415b47

Palmer has apparently answered the question a lot of us have been wondering for nearly five years: why did you leave the Bengals? Many thought it had a lot to do with the fan base. It appears as if that wasn't the case:

Palmer’s exit has been well documented. He demanded a trade before the 2011 season with four years left on his deal and sat out until they shipped him to Oakland in October and the Bengals haven’t missed the playoffs since. Palmer wasn’t happy with what he called “a lack of offseason moves,’ during his tenure, although the same administration has built a team that has averaged 10 wins since they drafted Andy Dalton to replace him.

“The Bengals have phenomenal fans. Everybody thought I had a problem with the fans,” Palmer says. “That was the biggest misconception. I get back to Cincinnati three times a year. I take my kids hunting there. I loved it there. There was only one thing. I had ideas on ways we could improve and ownership didn’t agree and that was the end of it.”

Well there we have it. Question answered... Although I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there were more to it that Carson's not telling us.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Pat5775 - 07-28-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - McC - 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - 3wt - 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM