Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling quote from Carson Palmer
(07-28-2015, 05:01 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: If I remember right, he was working out with TO in the spring/summer before the team decided to sign him.

The TO singing was one of the only things that went right that year.  I don't know why people are so quick to blame a #2 WR who scored 9 TDs and almost hit 1,000 yards.  Sure the guy has issues, but he did his job and kept his mouth shut here, so there is no shame in lobbying for TO circa 2010.  I can't be sure of it, but my best guess was the lack of accountability for Mike Brown (obviously...can't expect him to have any), Marvin Lewis, Bob Bratkowski, and possibly others.  I don't quite recall the specifics of the timing but it seemed like Marvin Lewis got his extension and Carson said "I'm out."

It's possible Carson said "It's Marvin or me" and the parties involved made their choice.  Perhaps I'm seeing what I want to see, but I see the issue as coaching over all else because 05 and 09 were playoff years due in decent part to the no-huddle and/or 2 minute drill (things that circumnavigate the coaches' involvement) and Carson's resurgence under Bruce Arians who is obviously a very good coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Pat5775 - 07-28-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - McC - 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Nately120 - 07-28-2015, 05:20 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - 3wt - 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM