Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling quote from Carson Palmer
(07-31-2015, 12:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's the logic I just don't understand. "Lets be happy they're making it to the playoffs".

As if the playoff mean something when you're getting bounced in convincing fashion every single time.

The point of the playoffs in to win in the playoffs. If you never win, is there a point?

Like it or not, this is exactly how a lot of people feel. A Bengals beat reporter even said last year that seasons are becoming tainted by the focus on the playoff losses. Unfortunately, that's the #1 thing our team is known for right now: playoff disappointment. That's undeniable really. I'm glad that you are able to ignore the giant elephant in the room and 100% enjoy the Bengals' wins without thinking about their playoff failures, but this isn't the case for many people.

If you got to drive a Ferrari 4 times and each time it ended with a wreck, would you thoroughly enjoy the 5th drive? Or would all those crashes be in the back of your mind, tainting your enjoyment?

What if you didn't get to drive the Ferrari at all and instead had to settle for wrecking a Ford Focus year in and year out.  
Fact is, I get enjoyment from it because I have "hope" that they will eventually get over the hump.  4 straight playoff appearances lends some credibility to that belief.

If I somehow knew it was impossible for the Bengals to ever win a playoff game, I'd probably either stop watching football, or pick another team to root for.  In the meantime, I will enjoy every step of the way towards that ultimate goal.   
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Pat5775 - 07-28-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - McC - 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - 3wt - 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - WhoDeyWho - 07-31-2015, 02:17 PM