Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling quote from Carson Palmer
(08-02-2015, 01:38 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Likewise, how could something I won't read until the future have any impact on my actions now?  Planning is something done in the past and present and the cause is the fact that you made plans in the past or present to do something.  The cause isn't the future it is as a result of decisions already established.  Otherwise you wouldn't be making plans.

Cause:  Decided to go on a trip
Effect:  Plan for trip.

I'd have to go back and read how this all started cause now i don't really know why we're debating it. If everyone took a second, i'm sure we'd all be in agreement. Things that will happen in the future won't have an impact on the present because we don't know what the outcome will be and things that will happen in the future will have an impact on the present because we know what is supposed to happen and we plan accordingly. 

So, basically, the future can effect the present and the future can't effect the present. It's a lot of semantics, like most arguments around here. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Pat5775 - 07-28-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - McC - 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - 3wt - 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - rfaulk34 - 08-02-2015, 12:47 PM