Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling quote from Carson Palmer
(07-31-2015, 02:17 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: What if you didn't get to drive the Ferrari at all and instead had to settle for wrecking a Ford Focus year in and year out.  
Fact is, I get enjoyment from it because I have "hope" that they will eventually get over the hump.  4 straight playoff appearances lends some credibility to that belief.

If I somehow knew it was impossible for the Bengals to ever win a playoff game, I'd probably either stop watching football, or pick another team to root for.  In the meantime, I will enjoy every step of the way towards that ultimate goal.   

I still buy scratch offs on occasion, even though I know that hitting for $1000 isn't likely. It is possible though. As jaded as I get with the playoff losses (mainly for how convincing and similar they've been), I still have some hope each year. My heart tells me there's always hope, but my head thinks of all the facts and wonders how likely a playoff run is, with a HC who has already set NFL records for playoff ineptitude. 

It just gets to the point where if you keep shouting "this year is different", you start feeling like a fool. Imo, we should all be able to empathize with each other and the unique situation we're in as Bengals fans. Instead, it seems like it turns into a homer vs hater debate. 

I think it's great that some are able to maintain a positive outlook about the playoffs. As for me, I'll believe it when I see it. I'll be as happy as anyone when they finally get it done though. I've never seen a playoff win in my 22 years as a fan.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Pat5775 - 07-28-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - McC - 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - 3wt - 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Shake n Blake - 08-02-2015, 10:42 PM