Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling quote from Carson Palmer
(08-02-2015, 11:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I never said people don't enjoy the regular season. I enjoy the wins as much as anyone else, but the whole season I'm thinking about the playoffs. Especially after the emotions of watching the game has worn off. There are a lot of people who feel that way. It's a huge dark cloud over an otherwise good time to be a Bengals fan. Sure, you may not think of it during the 3.5 hours of a game, but you're lying if you say it isn't on your mind through the season.

No I am not lying when I say that I spend the entire season depressed because we might lose a playoff game.  I have seen people like that though.  They are constantly miserable.  Every time we play a prime time game they spend the entire week crying about how we are going to lose.  Every time a player is injured they cry about how he will never come back.  Every preseason they cry about how every other team has gotten better while the Bengals have gotten worse.

You described it perfectly as "a huge dark cloud over an otherwise good time".  But I am not the type of person who searches for a reason to be upset when something good happens.  I am always hopeful that the future will be better.  Some times I am right and sometimes the people who drag a dark cloud around with them all the time are right.  But I am never going to be upset about something until it happens.  So when we win a game this year I am not going to cry because we might lose a playoff game in the future.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Pat5775 - 07-28-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - McC - 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - 3wt - 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - fredtoast - 08-03-2015, 10:07 AM