Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling quote from Carson Palmer
I think it's unrealistic for any fan not to have at least some criticism for their team.  Nobody wants to be labeled a "hater", however, I just don't see the point of discussing the team if you only have positive things to say such as, "The whole team is just great." or "The ownership is top-notch and does a fantastic job of handling the team." or  "Our coaches are superb and the best that are available!", etc. etc.  What is really to discuss? 

I know I don't want to kick puppies, slap my 2 year old's face, or have a habit of cutting myself when the Bengals lose or don't perform to my expectations.  I also don't have the urge to cry (literally) or try to insult others (who's opinions differ from mine), when discussing the Bengals.  I will complain to those who might listen however.  That's one of the great things about the message board.  People take time to hear your complaints. 

I may predict losses against teams who I feel are better (Colts, Pats, Broncos, etc.), but I almost always predict wins against teams which I think are weak (Browns, Bucs, Raiders, etc.).  Sometimes they win and sometimes they lose.  Doesn't mean I'm against the Bengals or depressed with myself.

Sure, it'd be great if the Bengals won every game in complete domination, but I think I'd get bored with them eventually if they never lost.

I think my favorite Bengal moment was when Danny Farmer caught that pass in the endzone to force OT against the Steelers in 2001.  I was so happy.  Of course Rackers misses the extra point, but then he redeems himself in OT with the game-winning FG!  The Bengals were only 6-10 that year, but I sure had a great time watching that game.

[Image: 20011231apstillers03_230.jpg]
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Pat5775 - 07-28-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - McC - 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - 3wt - 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - 2MinutesHate - 08-03-2015, 12:54 PM