Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Marquis Flowers traded
Thanks for reading and sharing.

Sorry for late reply. It's been a ridiculous 36 hours.

@rezolve11 - He's going to be the best player on their roster this season.

Not likely. I mean, he’ll likely play early on special teams. Flowers does have plus speed. But he had all last year and this camp and ended up getting beat out by a couple undrafted free agent rookies.

@Luvnit2 - My only issue is a 7th round pick from the Pats is just like a FA almost as the pick likely is #-28-32 in round 7. Of course the Pats will also make him a star. I just hate helping NE get better for no cost really.

Think about it this way: if the Bengals keep Chris Smith, they give up their own seventh rounder. So now you get one back. Also, Marvin admitted they were going to cut Flowers. So, they ended up getting a pick for a guy they were just going to release.

@WeezyBengal - Why wouldnt the Pats wait until he was cut? They could have picked him up off the trash heap

Marvin didn’t really know either. He assumed he felt Flowers wouldn’t get to them in the waiver process.

@Nati Bengals - Hope this doesn't mean Nickerson makes the team. 

I think it opens up a spot for him on the 53 while Burfict is out. Remember, someone would have to get released when Burfict comes back.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking: Marquis Flowers traded - jowczarski - 08-29-2017, 10:54 PM
Breaking: Marquis Flowers traded - BenZoo2 - 08-29-2017, 11:00 PM