Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop underestimating our receivers
(09-06-2017, 10:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I see a lot of people out here worried about Jon Ross and his injury and how it could effect the receiving corps. In my opinion, I didn't count on Ross to be a huge contributor this year. Maybe on some gadget plays and other ways to take advantage of his speed, but not as a straight up receiver.

The point is, is that I feel like a lot of guys on this roster are undervalued. Brandon Lafell had a GOOD year last year and hes more than capable of being a really good number 2 receiver. Tyler Boyd is only going to be better than last year and I expect him to have some what of a break out year. Eiffert is one of the best tight ends in the league and we all know what AJ is capable of.

This team has other weapons without Jon Ross. He is a complete luxury at this point and the season isn't going to fall apart because hes hurt.

As long as AJ & Eifert both stay healthy, LaFell & Boyd will be able to feast. Imo this will be one of the strongest 4-player receiving corps in the league. 

So yeah I agree, Ross will be a luxury to have when he gets in there for gimmicky plays, or quick 5-10 yard passes to get him in space to hopefully make a big play out of. 

The key though is AJ & Eifert staying healthy. Without them, it doesnt matter who we plug in there to make a serious run. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop underestimating our receivers - Millhouse - 09-06-2017, 04:28 PM