Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOOD, BAD, and UGLY of SHUT OUT START LOSS
GOOD : The DEFENSE only allowed 20 points and that's not bad in an NFL Game of high scores. Add in all the offensive turnovers and the times Bengals D had to go on and defend a short field. Vigil made a play that gave Bengals chance for points and the defense kept the score down and gave the offense chance after chance to be in this game. Of course Fatigue comes in when the offense keeps the defense on the field all game. Still, 20 points, the D kept the score low for an NFL game and gave Bengals offense every chance to be in this game

BAD : New Offensive Line Tackles OGG and Fisher got taken to school by Suggs and Ravens D. Our O Line without Whitworth and Zeitler thanks to Mike Brown, looked every bit the worst NFL O Line in NFL as most sports media ranked them going into 2017. Running lanes and passing lanes not there most of game. Then there was Dalton making turnovers in field goal or touchdown range. Dalton made this a shut out. He didn't look good in preseason and he missed a lot of throws today. He made way too many interceptions and fumbles to win.

UGLY : Bengals looked like still in Preseason. So did some other NFL teams today. This new school of teams not playing veterans in preseason even less than in past, and Summer Camp now Touch Football unlike Lombardi era showed today. Dalton and the offense was not ready for the home opener. They ran in Hill, Bernard and Mixon like a preseason game with none of them getting into the flow of a regular season game. As if the coaches still deciding in preseason mode. Core got wide open for long bombs to score several times but Dalton missed him. Of course he missed him because Core often is 2nd string target of 2nd string McCarron. Dalton has no timing with Core. The offense looked like a preseason game, as did the offensive coaching.
If Green, LaFell and Eifert were getting open, Dalton in preseason mode wasn't getting the ball to them.

OK, not a short little text message. I can't describe this game in a modern text sound bite. So read it or don't read it, I don't care. BOTTOM LINE is Bengals play tough Houston Defense in just 4 days. I think our D is ready, but I don't see offense snapping out of preseason mode in a few days time. OGG, FISHER, DALTON, THE O COACHES still in preseason mode look like Houston D will probably take them to school and out behind the wood shed Thursday. I do hope Bengals get out of preseason mode at some point. They were not the only NFL team today that looked sloppy from this modern touch football training camps. At least I have HOPE that the offense can be fixed. It was only game one and I repeat, very preseason as starters seemed not use to being on the field. Problem is these games count now. 0-2 would be a terrible start and 0-3 you can kiss away hopes for a good season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
GOOD, BAD, and UGLY of SHUT OUT START LOSS - kevin - 09-10-2017, 09:27 PM