Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Bengals sign kicker as a backup for Bullock Sunday
(11-04-2017, 04:27 PM)jtsmith38 Wrote: Maybe, bear with me here, just maybe, we should draft a kicker.  But then what do we know, right?

We just drafted a kicker.

I wanted an O Lineman when we had a pick in 3rd, 3 picks in 4, and the first of 2 picks in 5. ....I kept saying, " Take an O Lineman. We need one with Whit and Zeit gone ".   No, they took more WR's and RB's and anything but an O Lineman.   Then with first pick in 5th round they took Elliott the kicker. WHAT A GREAT MOVE.   He never ever kicks in regular season for Bengals and we go through Rounds 3, 4 and early 5......5 straight picks after Ross and Mixon taken without an O Lineman when good O Linemen were on the board in 3 and 4 and we needed blocking.

I can't see drafting a kicker.  Elliott is the perfect example of why you DON'T draft kickers.  Maybe in round 6 or 7.  Not early in round 5.  

again, THAT WAS BRILLIANT.....Bengals draft a kicker in round 5 who never ever kicks for us in a regular season game.  BRILLIANT. ....and they don't draft an O Lineman. They pick Malone at WR, Elliott at kicker and 3 other guys, but not one O Lineman...REAL SMART. ...Oh, they took somebody real late in 5 at O Line. Boneheaded. They took Ross and Mixon and then 5 more picks including a kicker they would cut, and just passed on all the O Line talent on the board from rounds 3 to 5. We needed a 3rd round or 4th round guard to replace Zeitler a little. No, we took Ross and then Malone loading up at WR. We took a kicker in 5, first kicker taken in draft, TV said we took him too early. Then he never plays for Bengals. BRILLIANT.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Bengals sign kicker as a backup for Bullock Sunday - kevin - 11-05-2017, 12:50 PM