Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forget World Series. How Do Reds go 81-81 in 2018 ?
(11-10-2017, 12:37 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: Stop keeping pitchers like Bailey over pitchers like Cueto.
I agree that we just added top picks in pitching to minors who will work their way up.  We also have young pitchers in minors probably ready for majors this Spring. We also have young pitchers on the Reds not long out of minors.   All this youth Reds traded for and drafted does them no good if they just trade this youth away because some old veterans are in the way as team is stuck in last place.  We gave up Cueto, Chapman, Bruce, Phillips, and many others to get all this youth, and so it would really be stupid to trade this youth away.  ...I think FANS want to see these young bloods come to The Bigs and turn the Reds around. Pete Rose even talks about not rebuilding but reloading.  So I think getting Fans In The Stands has a lot to do with coaches in the Minors getting this youth developed and up to The Reds where Fans including Pete are waiting to see them.  Small market Cincy is not like Yankees or a Walt Disney Angels that paid to get Albert Pujols from Cardinals a few years ago. No, Reds pretty much need to be about Farm System. Free Agents kind of have to be guys on the cheap, but you can still get talent. ...So I agree on not trading away the good youth, especially the ones still so young they haven't reached the years of free agency mega bucks.

I agree that if some of the youth catches fire, it makes 81 and 81 season much more possible, and Reds climb out of last place and FANS have a better Spring and Summer of REDS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forget World Series. How Do Reds go 81-81 in 2018 ? - kevin - 11-13-2017, 10:32 AM