Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is it ok to hate Burfict?
(12-08-2017, 01:30 AM)Brimey Wrote: I'm going to really lay it out here. We root for a franchise with a loser mentality. It's almost a badge of honor o root for a team like this. "You've stuck with the Bengals for 30 years!?! You definitely can date my daughter, because you have an obvious penchant for undying, unfuffilling loyalty!"

We watched players getting brutalized by the Steelers for years. Palmer, Huber, Gio, Rivers etc etc etc. Yet the team so many times had an "aw shucks" mentality.

Enter #55. Suddenly the Steelers are coming out of games with a Black eye. Suddenly the Steelers are whining about rough play. They all know who 55 is and know that cheap shots will be returned in kind.

I wish Burfict had held up on the Brown hit in the playoff game. I wish he would lay off some of the ball tapping, yapping, and ankle twisting. But I wouldn't trade him for anyone. Dude was concussed and was still reaching for JuJu. If the league didn't have the concussion protocol it does now, we would have had a legendary moment of Burfict running out of the tunnel and back on the field Monday night after he ripped him self off that stretcher.

He showed up in shape and ready this year. He's cut out most of the shenanigans. We don't fail to beat Pittsburgh because of guys like Vontaze, we fail because we don't have enough guys like Vontaze. Guys who want to win and beat those guys so bad they're fighting their way off the injury cart.

[Image: Bless_this_post.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When is it ok to hate Burfict? - jason - 12-05-2017, 11:47 PM
RE: When is it ok to hate Burfict? - BMK - 12-07-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: When is it ok to hate Burfict? - Nicomo Cosca - 12-08-2017, 01:43 AM