Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we comfortable with Ogbuehi and Smith as our starting tackles next year?
Are we comfortable with Ogbuehi and Smith as our starting tackles next year?

At first, my thinking was we needed to basically scrap the entire offensive line and start over during the off season. Ogbuehi was getting destroyed, Fisher was being embarrassed on a weekly basis and Smith is older and may not be a future player for us, depending on what happens in the off season.

But, I must say, they don't appear to be as awful as they were in the beginning of the season. Has Ogbuehi finally settled in? Or is it just a streak of 3 good games?

Keep in mind, I'm only judging with my eyes. I don't have PFF data to back this feeling up. I just know that, in the last few games, our Oline has held up relatively well in pass protection. And they've improved in run blocking as well!

Giving up 6 sacks in 4 games vs Tennessee, Denver, Cleveland and Pittsburgh is not bad at all.

And eclipsing 100 yards rushing and 5 ypc in each of the last 2 games against good run defense teams (No. 6 and No. 8 total rushing defense for Cleveland and Pittsburgh) is nothing to scoff at either.

I think we definitely need to upgrade the interior of our line, but I'm actually not AS worried about the tackles as I was early on in the season.

Am I crazy? Or are they improving?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Are we comfortable with Ogbuehi and Smith as our starting tackles next year? - CJD - 12-06-2017, 10:19 AM