Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim Krumrie wants you to read his story about coping with brain trauma
It definitely ain't just football that causes brain injuries. We know that much for certain. I'd like to have a nickel for every time I got clocked in the noggin on the job, fights in and outside of bars, other sports, falling out of trees, car wrecks and on and on.. 
One of the many reasons I've never worn my hair short is all the scars on my head. I still remember the comments when the Navy cut off my hair in boot camp. 
We're not all privileged to be able to access all this nice medical treatment. Many of us have zero medical coverage with fewer and fewer options being made available to many of us. I'm lucky to be able to access medical care at the VA, but a lot of people are not. My son, now 35 just recently had a heart attack and had a stent put in him with no medical insurance whatsoever so he'll be paying for that till he dies of old age .. Sure, hospitals will perform the operations and surgery, but if you don't have insurance the follow up care can be next to impossible for many of us. His employer offers insurance through his job, but it's far too expensive for him if he wants to be able to pay his rent and buy groceries..
These medical advances are great, but only if you can get access to them and there seems to be little willingness on the part of our government to make this access easier to more people. In fact they want to deny it to more and more people when more and more people actually need it. 
I'm not trying to turn this into a political debate, but if you can't access these great medical advances they mean exactly nothing. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tim Krumrie wants you to read his story about coping with brain trauma - grampahol - 12-09-2017, 02:34 AM