Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With a new coach is window still open for core group?
(12-12-2017, 11:39 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: We're in a tough spot. First, we're probably replacing the head coach. It still remains to be seen what kind of control, if any, he will be given. If it's business as usual and some of the old coaching staff gets re-signed because Mike Brown, then I wouldn't expect things to drastically improve next year. Second, Mike Brown will still be GM. That means he will still be making the final decisions on who stays and goes, our free agency approach, our draft, and everything else critical to success.

Now, if a new coach is brought in and allowed to pick his staff and his players, moving some or all of these could be possible. I'd like to see Dalton, Green, Atkins, and Dunlap retire as Bengals. A new coach may want different guys and have different schemes that don't play to these guys strengths. If a new guy comes in and wants to rebuild, get what you can and allow those guys to go have a shot with properly ran NFL teams.

That's the point I've reached, especially when it comes to Dalton. He deserves better than Bengals fans. Let him go win some playoff games and and re-write the narrative about him. He deserves that. Being stuck in this shithole with fans who legitimately hope he suffers a career ending injury for a career back up isn't fair to him at all.

Plus, the coaches are a major part of the scouting process. IF we replace the entire staff, we lose all the scouting work the coaching staff did during college football season.

I'd clean house...but you have to admit that it's a big Catch 22.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: With a new coach is window still open for core group? - THE PISTONS - 12-13-2017, 12:12 AM