Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin: "Our way's not good enough"
Marvin Lewis leading shakeup

The players here are sporting "Bengals Revival" T-shirts, and as head coach Marvin Lewis explained to me, it's the outgrowth of an effort he started with his staff at the end of the 2014 season. He wanted them to evaluate everything -- similar to the way he did in 2011 -- and shake things up. As part of that, the Bengals doubled the size of their weight room, added a dining area and redid the players' lounge. "We kinda restarted things," Lewis explained. "And I told the coaches after last season, 'We gotta find a different way.' Our way's not good enough. We gotta find a different way. And we gotta push all the time. I think the guys have done a good job, the players have done a nice job of responding to that. They know that. They know that here is not where we want to be. We want to end up at the top." The obvious inference that can be drawn, of course, is that it'll take a little more to get out of the first round of the playoffs, where the team's past four seasons have ended. Lewis continued, "Every step, the organization has done a great job in putting the guys in position to do these things. Now we've gotta capitalize on it and get it done."

Full article @ NFL.Com
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Marvin: "Our way's not good enough" - Bengalholic - 08-08-2015, 12:31 PM
RE: Marvin: "Our way's not good enough" - 34inXXIII - 08-08-2015, 03:52 PM