Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin: "Our way's not good enough"
(08-08-2015, 02:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the off season moves are more of a change of culture and that is what the Bengals need more than a change of coach. Start treating players like they are winners they will start thinking they are winners. Marvin has done a fabulous job getting the team to the playoffs every year for the last 4; yet they crap the bed when they get there. Some will point to the coach, some will point to the QB, I have always pointed to the culture (well the QB a little bit too). Treat these guys like they belong there and they will play like they belong there.

Great post. Unfortunately, the culture is that of a 2nd rate team. Small scouting department, poor facilities, no indoor practice field. I don't think it's the entire problem, but it's certainly part of the problem. Kudos to Marv for trying to get things done with the most stubborn, frugal and old fashioned man on the planet.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin: "Our way's not good enough" - Shake n Blake - 08-08-2015, 02:18 PM
RE: Marvin: "Our way's not good enough" - 34inXXIII - 08-08-2015, 03:52 PM