Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin: "Our way's not good enough"
(08-09-2015, 12:19 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: CINCINNATI—Quarterback Andy Dalton did not practice Wednesday due to a bout with the flu.

Head coach Marvin Lewis said after practice that Dalton was sent home and it wasn’t a big deal.
The only other practice Dalton has missed this season was Sept. 14, which was three days after he hurt his wrist during the first half of the season opener at Cleveland. Dalton did practice though the following day and then threw for 332 yards and two touchdowns in a loss at Denver.

Notes: Considering the cold temperatures, many thought the Bengals might practice at the University of Cincinnati's indoor facility, especially with the roof expected to be closed at Reliant Stadium. Instead, they stayed outdoors at Paul Brown Stadium, where the wind chill on Wednesday was a balmy 22 degrees. Two years ago, when the team was preparing for its playoff game against the Jets, they practiced for two days at Wall to Wall in Mason. Temperatures were a bit colder then. Still, the cold temps of the past couple days did elicit some reactions from players. Wide receiver A.J. Green said this was the coldest weather he has practiced in by far

-------------

I know when I have the flu I love being out in 22 degree weather for extended periods of times. I think everybody does.  I know when I had a 102 fever and was puking all the time I just went outside on my deck for a couple hours and felt so much better.

Definitely a good idea to have your starting QB out in the cold getting over an illness.  And always nice to hear your marquee name, one of the games elite, commenting on how it's coldest weather he's ever played in.  I'm sure he just mentioned that cuz he really liked it.  Yeah, that's it.  No way was he uncomfortable, and if he wasn't, who cares?  Eff him, am I right?  What a baby.

I see value with the practice bubble.

But, do the steelers have a practice bubble? It sounded like there are 4 outdoor fields in their facility. Do the steelers have an indoor practice facility? Or do their players have to practice in cold weather as well?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin: "Our way's not good enough" - 34inXXIII - 08-08-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: Marvin: "Our way's not good enough" - Bengalfan11164 - 08-10-2015, 09:23 AM