Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin: "Our way's not good enough"
(08-10-2015, 04:07 PM)xavierdude Wrote: the "small scouting department " has done remarkably well the past number of years.. 

Marvin Lewis is a big factor behind that. That works okay for now. What about down the road? When Marvin leaves, this team is going to be a wreck because it's so dependent on him. He basically serves roles as HC, GM and head scout. The drafts have been better lately, so I guess it's easy to forget about the previous 15 years or so of bad drafting and lack of direction.

The drafting has improved lately, but who's to say it couldn't be even better with an expanded scouting department? When is more scouts a bad thing? 

(08-10-2015, 04:11 PM)xavierdude Wrote: the bengals train in luxurious facilities with weight rooms, cafeterias, rehab areas..etc.. they have great practice fields..

if they need a bubble they can go up the road.

Lewis cant win a playoff game..thats the issue

You make it sound as simple as me hopping in my car and driving up the street. They have to load 53 players and 20+ coaches etc into multiple buses to get to UC. That takes time. Once they're at UC, they no longer have access to their own weight room, cafeterias, rehab areas, etc. If they want that, they then have to load everyone up on buses again and head back to the stadium.

You don't see where this would be a giant pain in the ass and a total inconvenience to all involved? That's why they don't use UC's facility much during the season. It's often hard to predict the weather, so it's not like they can pick up at a moments notice and just go UC.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin: "Our way's not good enough" - 34inXXIII - 08-08-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: Marvin: "Our way's not good enough" - Shake n Blake - 08-10-2015, 05:19 PM