Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paul Daugherty: If Lewis is out, shouldn't Dalton follow?
(12-20-2017, 10:14 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Dalton compared to your average QB in the NFL per year and the general perception surrounding him in that year. 

2011: average QB Rating, average yards, average TDs, above average INTs, below average Comp %. But he's a rookie, so it was fine.

2012: average QB Rating, average yards, above average TDs, above average INTs, average Comp %. But he's still young. There's room to cut down on the INTs.

2013: Average QB Rating, Above average yards, well above average TDs, well above average INTs, average Comp %. He's a gunslinger, right? Lots of TDs, lots of INTs, average everything else...we can probably win with this right?

2014: Average QB Rating, average yards, below average TDs, above average INTs, above average Comp %. Okay...a down year...but it's becoming a bit apparent that he needs talent around him to succeed. It works for now, I suppose, but maybe we need to get a new QB at some point...

2015: Elite QB Rating, average yards, above average TDs, extremely low INTs (good thing), elite Comp %. Whoa!!! He's finally done it! He's transformed into an elite QB. Amazing news! This guy has completely re-invented himself and is a completely changed QB! Super bowl 2016 baby!

2016: Above average QB Rating, Above average yards, below average TDs, extremely low INTs (good thing), above average Comp %. Alright, well, he had a good year. He lost a lot of weapons, leading to poor touchdown numbers but we're getting there. Let's give him another year.

2017: Average QB Rating, ~average yards, average TDs, average INTs, average Comp %. Um...what the ****?

In my eyes, Bengals fans were patient in 2011 and 2012, a little weary in 2013, getting pretty sick of it in 2014. Then, in 2015, we had our minds blown and hopes renewed. Then in 2016, we found excuses. Now, in 2017 we are realizing the most likely truth that 2015 was an aberration, not a rule.

When you're in the league for 7 years and only 1 year you can truly call an elite/excellent year, maybe the other 6 years are the real Andy?

Maybe?

Perhaps?

I wish 2015 Andy was real. But the evidence suggests otherwise.

Add to the fact that the O-line from 2011-2015 was always ranked in the top 10 in pass blocking, you'll have a hard time blaming the line for his protection. The running attack has not been PAs expertise since he's been here (at least from a stats perspective), so that's really nothing new. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Daugherty: If Lewis is out, shouldn't Dalton follow? - Hoofhearted - 12-20-2017, 10:28 AM