Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paul Daugherty: If Lewis is out, shouldn't Dalton follow?
(12-28-2017, 09:27 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Way to find a single stat and ignore the many others that point to the conclusion he's sucked this season. He's also top 10 in INTs. Soooooooooo.......

Top 10 in TDs (wahooooo.. BIG DEAL here, guys!!!!) Andy Dalton's other rankings....

- He's trash in Total QBR coming in at 28th http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr
- Ignoring anyone with less than 30 attempts, he's 30/33 in completion % http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_COMPLETION_PERCENTAGE
- 34th in avg. per attempt (see link above)
- Tied for 8th most INTERCEPTIONS (see link above)
- 23rd in passes completed 20 yards or more
- 12th (shockingly) in passes completed of 40 yards or more. Would like to see how many of those are to RBs who had big YAC for those.
- And a Passer Rating that has barely better than Ryan Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith.

^ 7th year QB, BTW.

(12-29-2017, 12:34 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I used Total QBR as 1 metric to where Andy Dalton was poor. There's a lot of different info that makes up QBR as explained in that link. I'm not the biggest fan of it, either, but I don't dismiss it entirely from the stand point of information to be gathered to make an opinion. I thought that maybe there was something in there to point me in a positive direction for Andy's play (there wasn't) so I looked it up. I investigate as much as I can to make an informed opinion. Which was my point..... sitting on ONE stat - like the person I quoted - and planting a flag in it as if that makes a strong point is weak and not well thought out.

Speaking of which... Don't like the metric? Fine by me. Does it "lower my credibility"? That's up to you, but I also provided several other stats and links to them showing Andy is not doing well or gettign better. Top 10 in TDs?...... Grrrrreat. He's also Top 10 in INTs.

You ending your reply with "Not getting into other parts of the conversation" without acknowledging the rest of my post's info is cherry picking as that stat wasn't some basis or foundation to my post. I listed several different things unrelated to the Total QBR to backup my point.

PS: Dalton's been to 3 Probowls, and I agree that that's a goofy thing to solely use as a foundation to a point as well.

That sound you heard? That was the sound of my point flying WAY over your head. Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Daugherty: If Lewis is out, shouldn't Dalton follow? - PhilHos - 12-29-2017, 05:28 PM