Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Marvin Lewis bungled his message to the players
(12-21-2017, 09:53 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I thought that I wanted him as the Bengals GM up until the last few days. Now I’m starting to question that.

Ditto. He's looked very selfish this year. Hopefully he doesn't try to convince Mike that the losing is happening because of his shaky contract situation.  Sad

(12-21-2017, 11:14 AM)Benton Wrote: Personally, I think Marvin told Schefter as a way to force the Browns to make a move on offering him a new contract. I think he wants to return to Cincinnati, but Brown hasn't offered a new deal and he was afraid he would get into some weird offseason situation of not being renewed, but not fully away from the team, either.

I said it weeks ago and people scoffed, but I'm with ya. I don't think Marv will ever want to give up his current position. I think he's very comfortable here.

If he's fired, I don't think he'd take a HC job elsewhere, but like I said, he's very comfy in Cincy.

(12-21-2017, 11:48 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I've never seen a coach look less interested in coaching a team than Marvin Lewis has looked this season.  He is so apathetic he doesn't think it is his job to motivate players to play.

That could also be the look of someone who hates coaching with his contract situation unsettled, right?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Marvin Lewis bungled his message to the players - Shake n Blake - 12-21-2017, 12:39 PM