Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MJ injury opens door for Hardison
(08-10-2015, 03:05 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know a lot of people feel this way about Peko and even Leon Hall, but they both are extremely valuable to the team.  This isn't just leadership, but experience.  Peko is a very effective NT, but was asked to play almost every snap.  He did, but clearly wore down as the season went on. 

I am hopeful that on second and long and anything but third and relatively short that we see variation of the so-called "NASCAR" package of NY Giant fame a few years ago.

Can you imagine a defensive line that would look like this:

Dunlap- Geno- Hunt- MJ

or

Dunlap- Geno - Clarke - MJ

Aside from Adkins, the shortest guy is 6'6.  That would be like throwing through a windmill.  Maybe even give Adkins the occasional break and go:

Dunlap-  Hunt-  Clarke-  MJ

That would be 6'6"  6'8"  6'7" 6'7"

Hilarious.

Agreed that Peko and Hall should remain on the team for at least this season, but both should see a reduced role.

Hunt just isn't a very good football player, hopefully he magically transforms into one before he hits 30. I won't hold my breath, he isn't even guaranteed a roster spot this year.

We haven't seen anything from Clarke to get excited about, so I don't know why people throw him into a lineup assuming we should be excited about that. I'll give him another year or so before writing him off as a bust, but I don't think he's going to be a great player overnight. Most people seem to be realistic about it but some are way overestimating what Clarke will likely be bringing to the table in 2015.

Geno's last name is Atkins.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MJ injury opens door for Hardison - djs7685 - 08-10-2015, 03:20 PM