Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do we pass up drafting a QB in this years draft?
(12-26-2017, 09:35 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: In this years draft I don't think we should pass up drafting a QB. Wyoming's Josh Allen has a skill set different from any qb in this draft. He has GREAT pocket awareness. Something Andy lacks. He also has a cannon arm and isn't afraid to trust his receivers, he's a gunslinger, unlike Andy. This could be our future QB  that we should not pass up. We need to groom someone now behind Andy and let Andy start until he loses the job. We should draft Allen in the late first or 2nd. To me he looks like a mix between Ben Roethlisberger, and Phillip River with Brett Favres arm. Very fun to watch. Out of all QB's Allen has caught my eye the most. This guy would get us over the hump in the playoffs. He's a winner and talks to his teammates. I would actually take this guy with our top 10 pick if he is ranked that high in the draft..If we are taking a lineman in the 1st Round it had better be Orlando Brown if anyone. Orlando is a good tackle but not a great one, but he would be our best option if we took a lineman. I would not pass up on Allen he looks like a franchise QB that we can be forsure about.

https://youtu.be/QTuKHNz9vbA

Josh Allen actually has bad pocket awareness and doesn't have a good feel for it either. He's not a polished player and leaves a ton of plays on the field. He also has major accuracy issues.

When watching him in the pocket, his accuracy is much better. However, once on the move at all, he's very erratic and makes not only questionable decisions but bad, inaccurate throws.

Allen has arm talent, that's for sure. But his footwork needs major work. If he doesn't improve that aspect of his game, he's going to get eaten alive.

There's absolutely nothing "for sure" about Allen. He has a ton of potential rather than production. Often guys who struggle with accuracy in college continue to do so in the pros.

If he's in the pocket, he's usually very good. But being on the move at all, he struggles tremendously.

He's someone who needs to be coached up and won't start day 1. In fact, his play is VERY similar to that of Paxton Lynch from college.

Give me Rosen, Mayfield, and Jackson all above Allen.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do we pass up drafting a QB in this years draft? - wolfkaosaun - 12-26-2017, 10:43 PM