Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Does it Seem Like It's Lewis' Choice Whether He Returns?
Far be it from me to accuse anyone of promoting conspiracy theories. All this time I thought that was my job around here.. It's a business folks. The goal of any business isn't to get awards and win stuff, it's to turn a profit. Sure awards and championships are nice and all, but if you ain't making a profit you're out of business. 
Now, do they turn profit by winning? You might think so, but in a revenue sharing league you don't have to win to make a profit. You only have to play against winning teams and rake in a big chunk of their winning profits..
Suppose for a moment that the AFC, every team had a sub 500 record and only NFC teams won every then it would be quite different, but it doesn't work like that. Instead each team gets a big slice of the pie regardless of their respective records.
Mikey could hire my cat to be the head coach and still turn a profit while the cat does nothing but scrapes kitty liter around a box during games..kind of like Marvin..
Does anyone expect the Cleveland Browns with their 1-31 record over the past 2 seasons is going bankrupt?  No, and the reason is revenue sharing. 
There is no such thing as being stupid enough to go broke in the NFL as a team owner..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Does it Seem Like It's Lewis' Choice Whether He Returns? - grampahol - 12-28-2017, 01:16 PM