Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor wants to push Andy past his limitations
(01-06-2018, 04:11 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: It's frustrating. Dalton's QB clock dramatically reduced over this season, and that mainly has to do with the offensive line. No, this is not an ESCAPE from Dalton blame. I'd say it's cause and effect, with blame that goes back and forth. 

Dalton does a good job of sensing pressure, and usually scrambles away from it. However, unlike Seattle and Green Bay, it's evident Cincinnati does not practice scramble drills. Green Bay has a habit of actually doing this a few hours a week, especially against great pass rushing teams. 

The issue I have with Dalton is, A, when he stands strong in the pocket he has made some great plays (the game winning play against Baltimore) but he often frets and runs too quickly. B, he doesn't trust his receivers enough to put the ball up for them. Now, point B is back and forth, as Dalton has NEVER been labeled as a gunslinger. But, look at a Roethlisberger/Brown pairing, and you can see the success. 

I think Dalton has missed someone to get in his ear, and push him more. I really believe Gruden and Jackson did that. I'm hoping Lazor, who develops his own confidence, can do be a bug in Dalton's ear. 

If he sees a target right away, Andy'll stand in there and take a hit to make the throw.  It's when he doesn't see his first or even second read open that he gets happy feet.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lazor wants to push Andy past his limitations - McC - 01-06-2018, 05:40 PM