Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals fans pay it forward
I prefer direct donations. For example, a homeless guy wanting some change to get a beer.. Give me a great bs story and I'll probably buy you a beer, but have some faceless umbrella organization hit me up for money to "do good things"  just doesn't strike me the right way. 
It's not that I'm stingy.. I'm far from it, but I generally don't trust big umbrella organizations that have lots of overhead and especially administrators.. I really don't trust administrators.. 
That doesn't even bring into question why these athletes even have these various money laundering operations to begin with..not that all are, but I'd be willing to bet that lots of money gets laundered every year through them.. 

True story..several years ago while living in a homeless shelter some group dropped by to donate a bunch of steaks.. Those steaks went in the front door and right out the back door. Not one was ever served in the shelter.. I and three other guys followed it and witnessed every bit of it getting unloaded from one van and reloaded into another van all within a very short period. (less than an hour) 
We ate almost dried rice for dinner that day.. 
Point being is it's just too easy for anyone except the people it's supposed to help to get their grubby mitts on money through these foundations.. 
The shelter story is just one..I've witnessed plenty of graft and embezzlement in my life with various organizations, Red Cross food banks and on and on..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals fans pay it forward - Go Cards - 01-16-2018, 03:04 PM
RE: Bengals fans pay it forward - Pat5775 - 01-16-2018, 03:30 PM
RE: Bengals fans pay it forward - Striper - 01-16-2018, 03:44 PM
RE: Bengals fans pay it forward - Sled21 - 01-17-2018, 01:33 PM
RE: Bengals fans pay it forward - grampahol - 01-17-2018, 03:00 AM
RE: Bengals fans pay it forward - PhilHos - 01-17-2018, 01:15 PM
RE: Bengals fans pay it forward - SHRacerX - 01-21-2018, 10:54 AM