Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back
(01-26-2018, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF?

How many times have I heard you guys swooning over how good the O-line looked at the end of the season?

Wasn't Bodine starting in the middle of that line?

I did not have the Sunday Ticket this year so I was not able to watch every game like before.  So I don't know how bad Bodine really looked.  But I do know that many times the guys that most people here claim suck actually do not play that badly (Peko, Dre Kirk, MJ).

He looked really bad his rookie year, but any 4th rounder thrown into a starting position from day 1 is going to struggle.  He did not really improve that much his second and third seasons but he was getting some better.

I do know the Bengals let Ghiciuc walk after his contract was up and they cut Kyle Cook while he was still under contract.  So based on recent history the Bengals do not keep OCs that are not playing well.

Bodine continues to struggle against large NTs versus the odd fronts, seems like he gets driven back pretty consistently.  Even against even fronts, he still gets blown past by delayed blitzers, as he opts to double down with one of the Guards, and slow to notice the blitzer coming.  

Someone posted the season PFF grades for the entire roster (CrazyJdawg maybe?), I can't remember Bodine's specific score, but it was under 50. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back - SunsetBengal - 01-26-2018, 06:25 PM