Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel big changes on the way.
(03-13-2018, 02:23 PM)PDub80 Wrote: He was traded due to a perfect storm. I don't think it has anything to do with him not being an elite level tackle or any injury. Breaking it down:

- Glenn had a nagging injury and his backup, a cheaper 2nd round pick, surprised and played well enough to make Glenn's money NOT a great value. Couple that with...

- The Bills weren't sold on Taylor being their QB. He had 1 year left on his deal, so they traded him to the Browns. The Bills need a franchise QB. Which brings us to...

- This QB draft class has 4 QBs who are basically a coin flip between them. The Browns will take one, using Taylor as a stop gap. The Giants will take one. And the Jets may take one (if they can't sign Kousins - which they probably will). After that, the Cardinals need a new QB. The Cardinals draft at #15, ahead of the Bills as #21 & #22. Which brings us to....

- The Bills need to jump in front of the Cardinals to reboot their QB position. The Cardinals don't have the ammo to jump up themselves. Which brings us to....

- The Bengals have a pick where one of the above mentioned 4 QBs (or 5, if they like Jackson) will be available. The Bengals don't need a QB, they need O-linemen. Left Tackle, specifically. Which brings us to...

- NO Left Tackle in this draft was going to to grade out to be worth anywhere near the 12th pick. They just aren't as good as a 29 year old Cordy Glenn, who's a top 10 LT when healthy. Which brings us to....

- The Bengals had an option on Jones they weren't going to use, which frees up cap space to sign or trade for one and take on starting LT money while retaining Atkins and Dunlap. A must if they weren't going to be able to draft one. Which brings us to...

- The Bengals seeing that they can acquire a starting LT AND move back in the draft rather than reach and take a player who grades out more favorably there. Like, say, Hernandez the Guard, for example. Or a Safety, LB, etc. who would have been a reach and a waste at 12. Which (FINALLY) brings us to....

The eye of the perfect storm for the Bengals to acquire Glenn. I look at it like this: With the 12th pick in the 2018 draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select: 29 year old Cordy Glenn AND a player to be named at the 21st pick.

Great post PDub, great move in every aspect really. Getting Glenn and Will Hernandez sure would be awesome.

Then go Center and O-line is instantly looking ten times better.

This just really opened up the Draft which i have been calling for for years. This is the first time we did exactly what i wanted us to.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I feel big changes on the way. - fredtoast - 02-22-2018, 07:52 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 02-22-2018, 08:12 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 03-12-2018, 06:31 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - kdgjr - 02-23-2018, 11:18 AM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 02-23-2018, 11:28 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 03-13-2018, 02:05 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-13-2018, 02:35 PM
RE: I feel big changes on the way. - McC - 03-13-2018, 03:34 PM